Redmond City Landmarks
Redmond Pioneer Cemetery, 180th Avenue NE between NE 70th and NE 76th Streets
Established in 1904, this community cemetery is the final resting place of many members of early Redmond families, including the Adair, Olsen, Perrigo and Sikes families.
The Redmond Pioneer Cemetery was established in 1886, and maintains over 1,300 burial sites. The land for the cemetery was thought to be donated by the Tosh and Perrigo families but after more research it was learned that neither Tosh nor Perrigo owned the land. John Perry homesteaded the land in 1885 and was probably the donor of the land.
The cemetery contains the remains of many of the people associated with the founding and development of Redmond including:
Founding and development of Redmond: Sikes and Adair
Logging Pioneers: Breckbery, Elduen, Olson, and Isackson
Farming Pioneers: Hutcheson, Tosh, Perry, Perrigo, Weise
Community Leader: Mayor William “Bill” Brown
The surnames in the cemetery appear largely Anglo and Scandinavian reflecting the logging and general early development of the region.
Grave markers in the cemetery reflect the variety of ethnicity and national origins that were represented in the town and community.