Call for 2015 Artist-in-Residence
The City of Redmond Parks and Recreation Department is inviting artists to submit a proposal to become an Artist-in-Residence between March 1 and August 31, 2015. Click here
for more information about the Artist-in-Residence program and examples of the work our current artist-in-residence, Lucia Neare, has created.
An Artist-in-Residence is needed to stimulate cultural vibrancy in the parks of Downtown Redmond, with a priority given to Downtown Park, through original artworks and by challenging residents to become active participants in civic life and cultural advocacy.
We are interested in collaborative artists working in all mediums, with an emphasis on the participatory arts, especially those who challenge the boundaries of architecture, sculpture, performance, sound, digital, film, photography, music, painting, and drawing.
How to Apply
Those wishing to apply for the residency should submit:
Application Deadline is Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 12pm.
- A statement of interest (maximum 500 words) outlining (1) Your creative process as it relates to both art-making and civic engagement (2) Your specific interest in working in the City of Redmond context (3) A preliminary proposal for engaging the Redmond community in a 6 month residency
- A current CV
- Portfolio of past work: six to ten images (photographs/CD of jpegs) or DVD or publications that document original work and collaborative practice
- Black-out dates between October 1, 2014 and August 31, 2015 in which you are not available
- Contact details for two current references who can speak to the past 3-5 years of your career in art-making and civic engagement
- Proof of liability insurance
Submit an Application!
For more information please contact Joshua Heim, Arts Administrator, at 425.556.2316 or firstname.lastname@example.org