NE Novelty Hill Road / NE Union Hill Road
Construction of Phase One of King County's NE Novelty Hill Road project is about to start in late March or early April and will last approximately two years. Motorists using Novelty Hill Road, Union Hill Road, 196th Avenue NE and NE 95th Street are likely to experience some closures or delays during construction of this project. The county will strive to schedule any closures for the least possible impact. Highlights of the construction include:
- A new connection from 196th/195th Avenue NE to NE Novelty Hill Road and rebuilding 196th Avenue NE from NE 95th Street to NE Union Hill Road.
- Two roundabouts on 196th Avenue NE at Novelty Hill Road and NE Union Hill Road
- Widening NE Union Hill Road to four lanes from 196th Avenue NE west to the Redmond city limits and widening Evans Creek Bridge to four lanes.
- Providing shoulders or sidewalks with bicycle lanes along all roads in the project area and raising Evans Creek Bridge to allow for future extension of the Bear/Evans Trail.
- Creating three acres of wetland and improving stream habitat and crossings for fish and wildlife.
For further updates on construction and the project, you are invited to sign up to receive emails or test messages at the project website, www.kingcounty.gov/noveltyhillroad (follow the link at top right to Traffic impacts/detours).