Heritage Restoration and Preservation Grant Program
Funds from this program may be used to support projects that promote the preservation or restoration of Redmond's historic resources. This grant program provides funds to organizations or individuals that own or control interests in historic structures. It seeks to ensure that structures and sites are brought back to a condition or remain in a condition that will illustrate the heritage of Redmond now and into the future.
Goals of the Heritage Grant Program
To promote and encourage continued maintenance and prevent deterioration of historic structures or sites that conveys a sense of the City's heritage and creates a sense of place.
- To promote and encourage restoration of altered historic structures to a condition that is in keeping with their original design and period.
- To maintain the viability of older structures to function for use as a business or housing.
- To enhance the economic vitality of the City, especially in the downtown, by encouraging thriving businesses in existing structures and by encouraging tourism.
Details on the grant and the grant application are available online, in person, or an electronic version in Word/Excel format is available by email request.
- Grant details (pdf format)
- Grant application (pdf format)
- To pick up an application in person visit:
- Planning Department, Fourth Floor, City Hall, 15670 NE 85th Street
- E-mail your request for the electronic versions of the grant details and application
Assistance with an Application
All applicants are strongly encouraged to contact staff prior to preparing an application to confirm eligibility for funding. Applicants may also wish to discuss general questions, problems, and budget specifics. Heritage Program staff will review your draft application on request and offer feedback. Make arrangements for a meeting to discuss your project by contacting Kimberly Dietz.
Program Coordinator: Kimberly Dietz
Mailing Address: Planning Department, 4SPL, P.O. Box 97010, Redmond, WA 98073-9710
Location: The Planning Department is located in the City Hall building at 15670 NE 85th Street