Tourism Promotion Program
The Redmond's Tourism Promotion Program's focus is to attract visitors to Redmond through the Experience Redmond marketing campaign and Experience Redmond Website.
Redmond's tourism program awards Special Events Grants for special events, sports tournaments, and festivals—publicly and privately sponsored.
The current year's grant recipients in sequential order by 2016 date (Grant Amount) are:
- SecondStory Spotlight on Arts in Redmond – Jan-Aug ($6,000)
Nike Crossfire Challenge – July 8-11; July 15-18 ($18,000)
- Redmond Arts Festival (VALA) – July 8-10 ($5,000)
- Marymoor Grand Prix - July 15-17 ($3,500)
- Sounders FC Rave Green Run - July 17 ($5,000)
- Crossfire Select Cup Soccer Tournament – July 22-24 ($7,500)
- Ananda Mela – July 30-31 ($5,000)
- West Coast Flag Football Championship - August 26-27 ($5,000)
- Labor Day Half Marathon - Sept 5 ($5,000)
- Woodinville/Redmond Wine/Beer Country Half Marathon - Sept 15-17 ($10,000)
Funding for this program is made possible through revenues Redmond collects from a one percent (1%) lodging tax on the rental of hotel rooms in Redmond.