|April 16, 2013
—Trained Forest Stewards will again be hosting the Last Saturday volunteer events in Redmond Parks continuing the restoration efforts of the Green Redmond Partnership. All Last Saturday events are from 9am – Noon on the Last Saturday of the month, April through October. April’s event is at Grass Lawn Park, 7031 148th Avenue NE on Saturday, April 27.
The Green Redmond Partnership, initiated in 2009 has a goal of bringing 1035 acres of forested parkland into active management over a 20-year period. You can help! Volunteers are needed to help remove non-native, invasive plants and prepare areas for fall plantings.
No experience is necessary and gloves, tools, and other materials are provided. It is important to dress for the weather and wear sturdy shoes. All ages are welcome, although all volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or bring a signed waiver (available at www.greenredmond.org
, on the Volunteer Schedule page). An RSVP at the same website is appreciated and helps us provide adequate tools and supplies.
The 2013 Last Saturday scheduled is:
- April 27 – Grass Lawn Park, 7031 148th Ave, NE
- May 25 – Farrel-McWhirter Park, 19545 Redmond Road
- June 29 – Watershed Preserve, 21760 Novelty Hill road
- July 27 – Westside Park, 5810 156th Ave NE
- August 31 – Farrel-McWhirter Park, 19545 Redmond Road
- September 28 – Westside Park, 5810 156th Ave NE
- October 26 – Viewpoint Park, 18440 NE 24th Street
For information on the work parties, contact Chris Tolonen at email@example.com
or 425-556-2369. For general information about the Green Redmond Partnership, contact Teresa Kluver at firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #