Call for Producer/Performance Curator
The City of Redmond is inviting producers/curators of contemporary performance, presentation and community engagement to submit their application to produce the inaugural program season of the Redmond Moving Art Center. Applications are due at 5pm, Tuesday, October 21, 2014.
This new facility is a mobile stage that brings contemporary art and ideas into the heart of Redmond. It invites artists, businesses, city and community into shared creative endeavor, exploring in partnership the possibilities of the live arts and living artists as agents of social change and urban transformation.
A curator or curatorial team is needed to select and pay performers and integrate the promotion of the Center and participatory opportunities aimed at residents and Redmond’s cultural community into a programmatic and site-specific whole. The inaugural season is planned for April 1 to September 30, 2015. These dates are flexible.
We are particularly interested in producers/curators with expertise in music, dance, theater, poetry, puppetry, children’s shows, educational presentations, film, video and/or other live acts and community engagement that would draw attention and excitement of people to the streets of Redmond’s Downtown Cultural Corridor.
Project Budget: Up to $27,000 all inclusive of:
- The Team has the option to take the lead on promoting the Center with additional funds
- There may be an option to extend the contract into a second year to facilitate a second program season with a different budget
- Up to $7,500 for producer/performance curator fee
- Up to $12,000 for performance fees
- Up to $7,500 for promotional activities (Optional Task 1)
How to Apply
Those wishing to apply for the residency should submit:
- A statement of interest (maximum 500 words) that explains your:
- experience as a producer and/or curator of contemporary performance, presentation and community engagement;
- unique abilities that you bring to this project, and;
- interest in the Redmond Moving Art Center.
- A current CV for each team member, 2 pages maximum for each member.
- Biography for each team member.
- Portfolio of past work: six to ten images (photographs/CD of jpegs) or DVD or publications that document curatorial work in contemporary performance.
- Black-out dates between November 1, 2014 and September 30, 2015 in which you are not available.
- Contact details for two current references who can speak to your work producing or curating contemporary performance over the past 3-5 years.
Optional application materials:
- Promotions statement of interest (maximum 500 words) for teams interested in Optional Task 1 to take the lead on promoting the Center that explains your:
- experience with successfully promoting contemporary performance, and;
- promising strategies you would pursue to successfully cultivate and inform a following for the Redmond Moving Art Center.
- Portfolio of past work: six to ten images (photographs/CD of jpegs) or DVD or publications that document promotional work in contemporary performance.
Application Deadline is Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 5pm.
Submit an Application!
For more information please contact Joshua Heim, Arts Administrator, at 425.556.2316 or email@example.com