City Council Review Underway
The City Council is reviewing the Planning Commission's recommendation on the Southeast Redmond Neighborhood Plan Update. Read the Commission's report here
. The tentative schedule for City Council review is:
View City Council agendas and materials
- Aug 19: staff report
- Aug 26: study session
- Sep 9: study session
- October: final decision, date TBD
Planning Commission Review Complete
The Planning Commission has completed its review the Southeast Redmond Neighborhood Plan update. View the Planning Commission Report on this topic
to the City Council. The report includes recommended policies and regulations. The Commission's recommendation is largely consistent with the Citizen Advisory Committee's recommendation described below.
Citizen Advisory Committee Recommendation
The Southeast Redmond Neighborhood CAC has recommended a set of neighborhood plan policies that address the long-term evolution of the Southeast Redmond neighborhood. Key elements of the recommendation include:
- Retaining land for manufacturing and industry;
- Recognizing the importance of Redmond's groundwater and surface water and supporting citywide plans and policies to protect them;
- Planning for new residential and employment opportunities in the area north of Woodbridge;
- Improving mobility for all modes by planning for new motorized and nonmotorized connections;
- Prioritizing transportation corridors for efficient heavy-duty truck travel and freight transit;
- Supporting housing affordability and choice;
- Completing planned trail connections and developing existing parks;
- Enhancing a sense of place and community through opportunities for gathering places, particularly as part of private development and design of the public realm;
- Renaming the Gateway Design District to the Regional Retail subarea while maintaining the same land use intent in neighborhood plan policies; and
- Maintaining current zoning along Redmond Way, preserving the limits of the Manufacturing Park Overlay.
About the Southeast Redmond Neighborhood
The Southeast Redmond neighborhood is bounded generally on the west by Marymoor Park and the terminus of SR 520, on the south and east by the City limit, and on the north by Evans Creek and Bear Creek.
Land uses in Southeast Redmond vary, including business park in the north, industry and retail in the western portion, and moderate-density residential in the eastern and southern parts of the neighborhood.
View a map of Southeast Redmond.