Tourism Promotion Program
The Redmond's Tourism Promotion Program's focus is to attract visitors to Redmond through the Experience Redmond marketing campaign and Experience Redmond Website.
Redmond's tourism program awards Special Events Grants for special events, sports tournaments, and festivals—publicly and privately sponsored.
The current year's grant recipients in sequential order by 2017 date (Grant Amount) are:
- SecondStory Repertory Live Theater – Jan-Aug ($6,000)
- US Youth Soccer Far West Regional Championships: June 18-25 ($15,000)
- Redmond Arts Festival (VALA): July 7-9 ($5,000)
- Nike Crossfire Challenge: July 14-17; July 20-23 ($20,000)
- Marymoor Grand Prix: July 21-22 ($5,000)
- Crossfire Select Cup Soccer Tournament: July 28-30 ($7,500)
- Ananda Mela Festival: July 29-30 ($5,000)
- Pacific NW Chalk Festival: August - ($20,000)
- Flag Football Frenzy: August 26-27 ($5,000)
- Labor Day Half Marathon: Sept 5 ($2,500)
- Sounders FC Rave Green Run: Date TBD ($5,000)
- Cleveland Street Festival - Oct 6-7 ($20,000)
Funding for this program is made possible through revenues Redmond collects from a one percent (1%) lodging tax on the rental of hotel rooms in Redmond.