Be Prepared for a Disaster
Check out local preparedness campaigns for checklists, hazard information, tips, and other resources:
Make it Through
Take Winter by Storm
How do you prepare for a disaster? What emergency supplies do you need? Know how to build and maintain a supply kit and where to store items:
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Ready.gov
We all have someone who depends on us...children, elders, pets, employers. They depend on us to be there in an emergency. Are you ready? Learn how to be a dependable resource to your family, your employer, your neighborhood, and your community.
Prepare Your Home
Develop A Family Plan
Plan for Disabilities, Children, Animals, and more
Establish a Family Communication Plan and Out-of-Area Contacts
FEMA America's PrepareAthon: How to Prepare for a Winter Storm
FEMA America's PrepareAthon: How to Prepare for a Wildfire
FEMA America's PrepareAthon: How to Prepare for an Earthquake
Register for Redmond Ready Day
Be prepared for the unexpected. Learn what to do to keep yourself and others safe. Take advantage of a great discounted price for First Aid and CPR certification - $25.
Redmond Ready Day features a two-hour class in personal preparedness and certification in First Aid and CPR. Information tables covering various aspects of preparedness and volunteer opportunities will be available. Register early, first come, first served. Space is limited. Attendance is required for the full day.
- Date: Saturday, July 29, 2017
- Time: Check-in begins at 8:30am, class is from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Bring a brownbag lunch as we work through the lunch hour.
- American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR and First Aid certification cards will be emailed as an electronic card (ecard)
- Register online
- Registration closes end of day on the Thursday before class.
- If special accommodations are required, contact Janeen Olson at email@example.com two weeks before class starts.
Instructor time is being donated by Redmond Citizen Corps Council (RCCC) volunteers and facilitated by the Redmond Office of Emergency Management (OEM), resulting in a significant savings for CPR certification.